Friday, August 2, 2013

We are waiting...

Yes... the waiting game.  Not my favorite thing to do!!  What are we waiting for?  A house.  We remain in the Navy Lodge... a good enough place for a few days, but we're closing in on 2 weeks.  We spent 8 days house hunting and put in 2 "back up" offers on homes, then on Wednesday, we came across the FIRST house I truly could see myself in!  We immediately sat down and compiled all the paperwork necessary for putting in an offer and it was in by 2pm that day!  They were supposed to respond by 5pm tonight (a day later)... the response?  Wait until Monday when they've gone over ALL the offers on the house.  Ugh.  Though I don't tend to be a pessimist... each house here we've even remotely liked has already had an offer on it.  Feels like we're just one step behind ALL the time.  This house?  We found it right away and actually attended the broker's open house... so did others.  Ah well... waiting and praying now.

So, how's the running and diet?  Great!  Thanks for asking.  I'm on Week 2 Day 3 tomorrow.  Day 2 was weird in that my map shows ALL over the place.  Not sure what happened there, but I did NOT run 5 miles with a 6 min mile run nor 10 min mile walk!!  Strange.  Very strange.  The only thing I can think is that I used two apps together:  Ease into 5K AND Charity Miles.  Though I love the premise behind Charity Miles... I may try again tomorrow, but then give it up if it screws up more of my workout.  Perhaps when I'm running on my own without the C25K app giving me commands to "walk now" or "run now" or "you are half way there"... but, right now I kinda NEED those commands!!  They're incentive!

Today, I took a LOT of pictures in the dog park... my Japanese "English student" texted me that she missed my dogs so much, so I took a bunch of photos of them for her and posted them on FaceBook.  Here's my favorites:


Cheyenne:  her 11th birthday today

Buddy... so happy in the park!

They just love being out here!  The park goes all the way to those trees...

The entrance.  You can also see the Navy Lodge and how close it is.
As for diet?  Well, it's hard to cheat when you've no oven... my cheats mainly comprised of what I could bake using Paleo ingredients.  So... perhaps a little more yogurt/Fage?  Some extra fruit?  Yeah... I better be losing more poundage!!


No comments:

Post a Comment