Sunday, October 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 21

Day 21:  

21... a number that always reminds me of my hubby.  He was born on the 21st, whereas I was a 9th baby.  So... we're 12 days apart, which, if you're into numbers and patterns like I am (at times) is cool, cause that's 21 backwards.  :)  Fun!

So, yesterday I paid for eating at Oktoberfest.  Don't know if the bratwurst was cooked in beer, but whatever it was about what I ate, I was in and out of the restroom ALL day.  Really took a lot out of me (ba-da-boom!), literally.  So, I kept my eating to a minimum and ate the leftover clam soup from the other night.  Considering it was mostly the broth, that was a good thing.  Otherwise, I drank water and sipped tea.  So, today I slept in ... very late.  But awoke feeling much better.  However, I decided to keep a low profile and stayed home just in case.

Breakfast:  Since it was almost lunchtime, and I think my body was craving protein, I decided to try some coconut pancakes I found and tweaked to make my own.  It was, though, the first time I used melted butter in place of oil... interesting and yummy!!


 Paleo Pancakes:
3 eggs (I used pastured Japanese eggs)
3 Tbsp melted organic butter
3 Tbsp Almond milk (you can use coconut)
1 1/2 tsp organic honey or maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt
Mixed together well, then sift and add:
3 Tbsp Coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder





Melt some butter in a pan over medium heat and cook until bubbles form on one side, flip and cook more.








Serve with butter and maple syrup or fruit!!  YUMMY!!



So, there was no "lunch" as I ate so late, and these pancakes were filling!!  With 3 eggs, they had enough fat and protein to last me until dinnertime... yeah, a tad early on that.

DINNER:  No pictures... sorry.  However, I cut up and cooked beef ribs in water for about 2 hours, then poured out the water (reserved it for soup later!) and added homemade BBQ sauce made with organic honey!  As a side dish, I made my typical cabbage salad with macadamia nuts (see blog from Day 4).  Well, we felt like cavemen eating our ribs off the bone!!  Yummy!! 

So, how's Cheyenne doing with her Raw Food diet?  GREAT!  I decided to have my teen run to the commissary to buy more food as we ran out last night at dinner... he returned with a whole pork liver.  I have to admit that cutting that beast up, I had slight queasiness until I just threw on my 'dissector' hat.  Problem is... I reached down to feed her a piece as I was cutting (she's usually right at my feet while cutting and chopping up food) and she literally wrinkled her nose and sneezed at it!!  I offered it to Buddy, and he did the same!  I got to thinking that perhaps they are smelling some of whatever the pig had eaten and been filtered through the liver?  Well, gonna have to do some research on this, so I threw the pieces into bags and into the freezer.  Shall I try cooking it?  Here I figured they'd jump on it like wild wolves and eat it down so fast I wouldn't have time to blink!!  WRONG!! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment